We are looking for a highly-organised, self-disciplined multi-tasker with an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to be flexible, accommodating, calm and focused, all whilst working to tight deadlines. A problem solver by nature, you must have excellent communication skills and be used to working professionally at all levels demonstrating patience and understanding.
As our Administrative Coordinator, you will work closely with our Operations Manager and wider Executive team, providing support to critical business processes across many areas. You will act as a lynchpin helping to tie different areas of the business together in your role. As well as managing some important back office areas, you will help to coordinate projects and keep progress on track within the business. You will also work closely with Cyberis’ Project Management Office to ensure a seamless client experience, making sure that our clients have excellent service from us at all times.
As part of Cyberis, you can expect to work within a close-knit, collaborative team where we support one another to achieve the best outcomes for our clients. Our head office is in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, however opportunities to be home-based are available.
The following will be the foundation of your role, however, as a small and dynamic enterprise, our ideal colleague will be willing to get involved in all sorts of projects from time to time as we build the business.
- General project management activities including:
- Note-taking, minute-taking and action-recording
- Action tracking and follow ups
- Coordination of recruitment activities, including interview scheduling, applicant tracking and recruiter management
- Arranging and managing internal events and conferences
- Providing administrative support to the Operations Manager and Executive team as needed
- Providing support and cover to the Project Management Office when necessary for business needs
- Data entry and record keeping
- Ordering and re-stocking office supplies
- Processing expenses claims
- General admin, answering the phone, responding to emails and general adhoc duties.
Our ideal colleague will have the following:
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – combined with a proactive approach to communicating
- Handles sensitive information with professionalism and makes good judgements on confidentiality
- A proactive, self-starter attitude with the willingness to use common sense to solve problems within the role, but also happy to ask for advice and guidance when needed
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Accurate data entry and record keeping, confident calendar management
- A willingness to undergo UK government clearance process (SC minimum).
Excellent salary and benefits package.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Matched company pension up to 5%.
- Private healthcare.
- 25 days’ annual leave in addition to England and Wales bank holidays, increasing to 30 days after 3 years.
- 3 x salary death in service.
- Excellent working conditions and environment.
- Team/social events